Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday- September 3rd 2009- A Day I Won't Ever Forget.....

I want to make sure I remember everything about this day forever. I woke up this morning and put my contact in and it felt so irritated and kind of burned so i decided maybe today I would wear my glasses for a change to give my eyes a break. So I put my glasses on and to work I went. At lunch time I had a couple of phone calls for people wanting massages so I called them back and then ate my lunch so I could get back to work. After I ate I noticed a Calgary number on my phone but I get so many phone calls I didn't think anything of it and thought if they didn't leave a message it must not be that important. I got back to work and was there for about a half an hour when I noticed my boss had left me a note on my desk that said "call dr.al-ghoul". I quickly grabbed the note and ran out the back door with my phone. I called and nobody answered. So I called again.....and again......and again.......and again. Then FINALLY somebody answered and said can i put you on hold. I was on hold for TEN minutes going back and forth in my head whether or not they were calling me for a transplant. I nearly got sick waiting on the phone. Then I finally got to talk to the nurse and she said "Jana, we have tissue for you. Do you want your transplant on tuesday?" all i said was "yes!!" then she started telling me the details and I couldn't even hear anything she was saying, I could not believe this was finally happening. She told me that she would see me Tuesday September 8th and I started bawling. I absolutely lost it. I'm still in shock just writing this, that this is actually going to happen. I've waited for so long and now the day is here. Its a full moon tonight, Thursdays are my lucky day according to my birthday calculator, and 8 is my favorite and lucky number. How ironic that I would get my transplant on the 8th, and only 11 days before my 24th birthday. Wow.......

1 comment: