Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wow

So i've been searching the internet for other people with Acanthamoeba Keratitis- which is NOT an easy search- but after many hours I finally found about 5 other people who also were diagnosed with AK, and it was because of contaminated contact solution. I put a link up so you can read their stories if you want. It was so amazing reading their stories because I could have wrote them myself! I guess I've always kind of felt like I am the only person who has ever gone through this and felt that awful pain. I'm pretty sure I will never meet anyone else with AK, but at least I now know I'm not alone. 
There was one girl in particular that i could really relate to. She is 23 years old, lives in Canada and she was diagnosed with AK only a few months after me! She also had to drop out of school, sit in dark rooms with the windows covered. No tv because the light from the tv is too bright. I could not believe it! That was me! She could even relate about the taking 6-7 different eye drops every hour for months. I wish i had known her 3 years ago! The only difference is that she already had her transplant- a year and a half ago!! How is that possible?! I had the infection before her and i'm still waiting. She lives in Ontario though, so i guess its different there. But a year and a half?! This sucks....

No comments:

Post a Comment