Wednesday, May 20, 2009

More Background.....

So after reading my first post, I'm sure you are wondering how on earth I got this weird eye disease in the first place. Well, here is the explanation.....When I was first diagnosed with Acanthamoeba Keratitis Dr. Carlsson told me people get it from wearing their contacts in the swimming pool, hot tub, lake, ocean or shower. I never did understand that because i did not do any of those things! But what was done was done and I didn't really ask myself HOW this happened. Instead i was more focused on just getting rid of it! So after about 10 months of finding out I had this eye disease I was watching the local news and they had a warning about COMPLETE MOISTURE PLUS CONTACT SOLUTION. They said that some bottles had been contaminated with parasites and some people were reporting eye irritation, soreness and even blindness. Well I nearly fell out of my chair! It all finally made sense. That was the exact contact solution that I had been using. And I always knew it never made sense how I got it in the first place. Now it did! So it turned out me and 7 other people in Calgary had gotten this disease from the contact solution, although only me and one other person need Cornea Transplants. So, ANYBODY who uses Complete Contact Solution.... STOP!!! This company KNEW that some of the bottles were contaminated and they didn't do a recall until people started reporting blindness. There are a couple of lawsuits against them now which I am apart of so I hope that this company will pay for this (although how can you pay for making people lose their sight?). 

No comments:

Post a Comment